CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

7 Dollar Jeans Anyone

As a family we decided to brave Old Navy's one day only sale. With school just around the corner Sporty needs some new jeans. With winter coming Yum Yum needs some winter clothing (next size up please).

We ventured out around 8:30am to stand in line before Old Navy opened. Getting there with 15 minutes to spare, we see a crowd of people seriously about 150 deep. Big Jay, Sporty and I huddled together to come up with a plan. Surveying the crowd I saw mostly mothers with their daughters, a few young tween boys sprinkled and a bunch of baby strollers.

I turn to Big Jay and say you head straight for Yum Yum's sizes get 18-24 months. Grab as many as you can no matter what their cut is. Find me in Sportys section, and we will go through them.

To Sporty I said when the doors open head straight for the 3rd Fall Sale sign on the left. You are to grab any cuts in a size 10 or 12. Don't worry about anything else, if they don't fit we can always exchange them later, if you don't like them we can always return them.

The doors open 5 minutes earlier than expected to a cheer from the crowd. Women were tossing their infants in harms way using the strollers are battering rams. Rolling over people's toes, hitting ankles and tripping the others with their stunt like maneuvers.

Sporty and I arrive in the Boys sections with just a few people we were able to snatch and yank about 15 pairs of jeans off the table racks. For some reason people were leaving the jeans that were on standing isles alone. I figured people thought that only the jeans lined up along the wall were on sale. Paying no mind to any of the other jeans. Sporty and I were able to find 9 pairs of jeans that will fit him throughout the winter and into the spring. I told him 4-5 jeans are for now and we will put up the other jeans for after January.

Big Jay spotted us and I was soo proud of him, he as able to snag Yum Yum 6 pairs of jeans in various sizes up to a 2T. He said that his ankles hurt from the women ramming him with their Killer Kid Chariots. He also said he had as much of an adrenaline rush doing this as he has playing football on Thanksgiving Day.

He head to the line which was about a city block long, to confer and go over the clothing. WE did pretty well. Big Jay asked if he can go look at jeans for himself. Seeing how long the line was it was a good idea for me to stay on while he continued to shop. He came back 30 minutes later with 3 pairs of jeans and a few shirts and I had moved about 3 feet up the line. Big Jay and Sporty were urging me to go and get some jeans too, but in all honesty I have about 8 pairs of jeans that fit me amazingly and I know enough not to mess with perfection.

We were told only 3 pairs of jeans to a person. WHAT!!! We have 18 pairs of jeans and only 3 people. I told Big Jay not to worry and not to say anything about the number of jeans we had that he will go up with 6 jeans I will go up with 9 jeans and Sporty will go up with 3 jeans. I realized the distance between the line and the registers was so great that if we were to ask the cashiers to slip a few extra through that they might do it if not be prepared to get back on the line.

Which by then was snaked from the front of the store where the registers are all the way to the back, along the back wall and back up to the entrance right next to the cashiers. And there were more people entering the store.

When we got up to the registers, by great change Big Jay was right behind me at another register. I simply asked both registers if we can do separate transactions each with three pairs of jeans. My cashier was like no problem if you want we can add each transaction up to equal $50 and then you can get a few free Old Navy Totes. It turned out to be a great day, 18 pairs of jeans, 5 shirts and 3 free Old Navy Totes for less than $170.

No comments: