CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 1, 2008

Good Housekeeping Magazine - Grrrr


I have to say I have been an advid reader of Good Housekeeping Magazine for as long as I can remember. In my days of commuting to and from work, reading a book is just not an option. I am not on the train long enough to get into a good book the way advid readers like. So my material of choice are magazines. Being a mom of 2 and a semi-full time worker, I love magazines that offer me alternatives.
I love the fact that Good Housekeeping tries out each and every product they advertise or write about. They give honest reviews, reviews that I know I can trust.

But I have to say I am more than a bit miffed, that the magazine I purchased from my neighborhood store simply fell apart on me, while on a packed subway no less. When the first pages started to slip out, I was a bit confused. I so mushed I barely had room to turn a page, plus I had the magazine folded in half than half again long ways. So I would have to read 1/3 of the page, smooth the fold out some, read the middle column, than unfold -re crease and read the last column. But I paid it no mind.

Upon reaching work I looked at the pages more carefully only to find that they were never "glued" in place to begin with. Ok, that's cool mistakes happen. On my way home from work tonight (this mornings experience behind me and not a thought in my head). I am comfy in my seat, space enough for the largest of subway riders. I take out my magazine to finish reading about a SAHM who got an opportunity of a life time, to shop in NYC, at the most elite of stores - on GH's Dime!!!! And slip- slip- slip, several more pages came out. It turns out half the book wasn't properly put together.

I am going to send a friendly email to the company in the morning, while this will not deter me from continuing to buy their magazine (because it is a absolute staple in my life) it will make me wiggle randoms pages from now on.

No comments: