CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Macaroni Salad

So tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday and I am expecting about 10-15 people. Since I have been battling a cold this entire week I decided to have a pot luck snack fest. Not normally I would be cooking a feast where everyone would come only bringing themselves and they would usually leave with a bottle of soda and a large Tupperware full of leftovers.
In our house we don't drink soda, parties and celebrations are the exception. Anyway I decided that I simply couldn't do what I wanted to do so my motto usually is if you can't do it right don't do it at all.

So for my portion of the potluck tomorrow I am making some salads and my great tasting fried chicken. Here is the Macaroni Salad recipe that makes my family simply swoon.


Whatcha Need
1 pound of elbow macaroni
1/2 small red onion, chopped really small
1 stalk of celery, chopped really small
1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch o Cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cups mayo
pepper

Whatcha Do
1. Bring 4 quarts to a boil in a large pot for the macaroni. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and the macaroni to the boiling water and cook, stirring, until nearly tender, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until cook, then drain briefly so that the macaroni remains moist. Transfer to a large bowl.

2. Stir in onion, celery, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder and cayenne, and let sit until flavors are absorbed. About 2 minutes. Add the mayo and let sit until the salad texture is no longer watery, about 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve

Compliments of The Best of America's Test Kitchen
Vote for my blog Mommy Sasha on Mom Blog Network

No comments: